If you are interested in using your insurance company for Mental Health or Behavioral Health services, please review the information regarding Using Your Insurance (below).
If you would like to schedule an appointment for counseling services please contact your insurance company to find out about your benefits and ask the following questions:
- How many visits for Mental Health or Behavioral Health Services do I have?
- What is my co-pay or co-insurance?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, how much is it?
- Is marriage counseling a covered benefit? (If you are seeking that type of service)
- Do I need an authorization? If so, how many visits is it good for?
3 Reasons Not to Use your Insurance
Reason # 1: Lack of confidentiality
- information is released about you to the insurance company
- information of this nature could be used to your disadvantage
- information could potentially be access by outside parties
Reason # 2: Difficulty getting treatment authorized
- authorization is needed by many insurance companies with only a limited number of visits
- your may need a referral from another health care provider
- you have to use certain providers as indicated by the insurance panels
Reason #3: MIS-diagnosing and/or over diagnosing in order to get treatment authorized
- needing a diagnosis in order for therapy to be authorized
- needing a diagnosis for payment to be given to your provider
- many reasons for seeking assistance do not need a diagnosis and those reasons are not a covered benefit